On a journey to 22 nations, a film team finds
hope in the lives of three orphaned children.
Who We Are
We are a team of six filmmakers who set out on a journey to find solutions to the global orphan crisis. After two documentary projects and overseas volunteer service in Argentina, Panama, Rwanda, Uganda, India and Nepal with media advocacy non-profit, A Voice for the Voiceless, our team gathered in 2013 to plan and begin a two-year journey to 22 nations. A crowd-funding campaign coupled with the team’s personal contributions to allow the completion of the filming and post-production.
- Of the 8-10 million children living in orphanages, over 80% of them have a living parent.
- Poverty is the leading cause for a parent to separate from their child
- Emotional trauma and developmental delays for children living in orphanages are widespread, including detachment disorders, lower IQ levels, and problems with aggression, anxiety and depression
- These children are 10 times more likely to enter prostitution, 40 times more likely to have a criminal record, and 500 times more likely to commit suicide within 2 years of leaving their orphanage.
LOST KITES is a full-length feature documentary that captures the stories three abandoned kids braving their way, and a film team that discovers a call to restore families.
With our film, “LOST KITES” we aim to see vulnerable families strengthened, and children restored to family -globally.
Our documentary, “LOST KITES,” promotes three major action steps:
- Safely transfer global funding from orphanages to family-based care
- Increase the number of workers to prevent separation and restore children to families
- Encourage foster care and adoption when necessary
Donations will enable our team to:
- Spread the message of family-based care by covering travel costs to show the film across North America and Europe
- Effectively utilize media networks to gain wider coverage of “LOST KITES,” resulting in greater public understanding of un-parented children’s imminent needs, and increased motivation to take positive action